Implants for large animals
easyTEL implantable system transmits physiological data from conscious freely moving laboratory animals.
Physiological measurements are captured by a transmitter surgically implanted and wirelessly transmitted to a receiver within 3 to 5 meters distance.
Intended for use in preclinical research (primarily toxicology, pharmacology and safety pharmacology studies) and biodefense, the easyTEL+ digital range of implants, available in L size, are ideal for large animals such as rabbits, swine, dogs or primates
Various models offer the ability to continuously record:
- Biopotential (ECG, EEG, EMG)
- Blood pressure (Arterial and/or Left Ventricular Pressure)
- Respiratory rate*
- Acceleration from 3-axis accelerometer (activity)
*Derived from pleural or blood pressure or diaphragmatic EMG
Ease of use
Why choose telemetry technology?
Wireless technology is ideal to reliably transfer high volumes of data from a freely moving animal. Advantages associated with this technique are well known: longer and better-quality data obtained from less stressed subjects, allowing compliance with 3Rs principles. Furthermore, in vivo studies from conscious, unanesthetized instrumented animals are recommended by the FDA for ICH S7A studies.
Wireless implanted telemetry provides the unique ability to look into long-term physiological trends, as well as rare or isolated physiological events (arrhythmias, seizures, etc.).
When simplicity meets reliability
Choosing easyTEL+ implanted telemetry means opting for a reliable system, easy to implement and to manage:
- Perform studies with up to 32 animals group-housed in the same room or cage
- Get up to 500 days of continuous reliable data recording, with zero cross-talk and QoS recording
- Configure and manage the implants remotely via software: no more magnet for implant on/off
- Our single-use (non-refurbished) implants means no reconditioning, no shipping costs and delays. Implants can be re-implanted as long as battery lasts
- A compact design, direct receiver-computer link.
- Easy surgery, with no external implant antenna
- Solid-tip electrodes for noise-free ECG
- Collar for Left Ventricular Catheter
Combining implanted and non-invasive telemetry on the same platform is now possible!
The emkaPACK4G receiver can be used to receive implant signals. It can be beneficial when lung volumes need to be recorded.
Software acquisition & analysis
And many more!